Sunday, November 8, 2009

He knew I'd need tissues

Back from Texas. Yee Haw!! We had a really nice time. Paul's company put on quite the event and San Antonio was a great city to visit. The Girly Girls had a fantastic time with Nana and Grandpa. I'll put together a post about all that later. We just got back last night, so I still have to upload pictures.

But about those tissues. Whew. Seems like I have been sniffling all day. I'm not sick. I'm an emotional mess over the fact that there are so many orphans without a mommy and a daddy. As I was gathering the girls church bags this morning I had one foot out of the car and I felt compelled to reach back in and grab a few tissues. No real need. Noses are all good- everybody is healthy- and I had forgotten that it was orphan Sunday. But He knew I'd need the tissues. Our church only briefly touched on the subject. A father who has adopted from China a few years ago and just brought home their second daughter 6 weeks ago spoke very briefly and then a ShowHope video was played.

And.I.needed.the.tissues.

My heart has been so heavy, burdened for going on 18 months. I cling to the fact that I know that He has called us to adopt and in His perfect timing we'll begin the process of bringing our daughter home. Until then I pray for softened hearts, for His provision and that He'll continue to show me how I can make a difference in this fallen world. I know He is faithful. I cling to that truth. And in fifteen minutes I'll be watching the Cry of the Orphan broadcast. I have an entire box of tissues right here.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Adeye said...

You have SUCH a precious heart, my friend.
His plans for you are GOOD--just you wait and see how He is going to BLESS you :)