Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The decision

I just got the call I have been waiting for- and the answer was 'no'. I know that He closed this door for a reason and has something else in store for me.

The director said that I was amazing and she never expected somebody of my caliber to walk through her door. I had answered every question perfectly. But she and the board ultimately gave the job to a woman who has worked there for several years as an assistant. She told me that they were creating another class, a junior kindergarten, in a year's time and if I was available in a year, she'd like to hire me on the spot- no interview. I thanked her and said to please hold onto my information and keep in touch. I told her I understood her decision, though it was not what I had hoped to hear. I thanked her again, hung up, and burst into tears.

Thank you God for growing me through this experience. I ask that you heal my hurting heart and take away my fear and anxiety about providing income for my family. Thank you Lord for drawing me nearer to you. I know the plans you have for me are so much better than my own.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)






Photobucket

2 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh Kelly, I am SO sorry to hear that you did not get offered this position. What it tells me is that the Lord has something else in mind. And He made sure you knew how well you interviewed, so that you didn't think it was something about 'you' that they didn't like. This is a tuff pill to swallow though...I have a local friend that had the same thing just happen to her, and we are trusting that God has another plan...a place where He really wants her to teach and reach the children...a place where it pleases HIM to put her. I trust that He will provide for your family. These are trying times, but be sure to keep your focus on Him and keep tithing and giving, as He promises to meet our needs ABUNDANTLY (which is more than enough) when we do. Sending big hugs your way, my friend!!

Love ya,
~Tanya

Adeye said...

Sending you a HUGE hug, my friend.

You know I care :)